Hotel & Travel
At the Town and Country Resort, you’ll get front-row access to all San Diego has to offer. With a central location in Mission Valley, you’re adjacent to luxury shopping and golf, and within minutes of the airport, beautiful beaches, hiking, biking and world-class attractions. The hotel has been a beloved landmark since 1953 and just recently completed a multimillion-dollar transformation. Like A&W, the Town and Country is the perfect place to appreciate tradition and history, while luxuriating in the excitement of new possibilities.
Town and Country offers a multitude of unique accommodations and for the convention, we have secured the entire resort. Guests can choose to stay in the main building (Palm Tower) or be assigned at the hotel discretion in a variety of beautiful rooms (Run-of-House) located across the resort grounds.
The Town and Country Resort boasts three pools plus a hot tub and waterslide, a state-of-the-art fitness centre, lots of green space, and diverse chef-driven dining options. At the resort, you are just a ten-minute drive away from the world-famous San Diego Zoo, Petco Park (home of the San Diego Padres), Mission Beach, and the museums of Balboa Park.
Town and Country photo gallery available HERE.
Town and Country resort map available HERE
Booking & Pricing
A&W guests will enjoy special rates:
Run-of-House: USD $228++ per night for 1-2 people
Palm Tower: USD $248++ per night for 1-2 people.
Additional persons are USD $20 per person per day (maximum 4 guests per room).
- Current taxes are 10.5% Hotel Occupancy Tax, 2% San Diego Tourism Assessment and 0.3% San Diego Tourism Marketing Assessment
- Mandatory Hotel Service Charge: USD $15.00 + taxes per room per night
- Hotel Service Charge includes In-room Wi-fi internet, In-room Coffee and Tea, Access to Pool and Waterslide, access to Fitness Centre, unlimited toll free and local phone calls.
- Make your reservation no later than February 16, 2024 (some categories may no longer be available before this date).
- A credit card is required to guarantee your reservation; however, nothing is charged at the time of booking.
- Room cancellations must be made no later than March 15, 2024 to avoid a penalty charge of one (1) night room + tax. Room reservations that are cancelled or reduced in nights within 48 hours prior to arrival will be charged for the entire originally reserved stay (room & tax). Penalty charges will be charged to the credit card on file.
For those looking to add extra days of vacation to your stay, we have a limited number of rooms available at the convention rate from Friday, April 19 to Saturday, April 27, which will be first come, first serve.
Click HERE for a copy of the National Convention 2024 Visitor’s Guide.
What to Pack
Spring is one of the best times to be in San Diego. The weather is sunny and mild with daily high temperatures of 21°C and an average low of 15°C. With that said, the Tuesday and Wednesday evening events have an outdoor element to them so you should be prepared for cooler temperatures.
Supplier Show and Business Sessions – Business casual
Tuesday Night – Business casual
Wednesday Night – Casual
President’s Award Gala – Formal
You should also consider bringing layers for the Business Sessions as the hotel ballroom temperatures can sometimes fluctuate.
San Diego is on Pacific Standard Time.
How to Get to the Town and Country Resort
San Diego International Airport (SAN) is approx. 10 kms from the Town and Country Resort. Daily flights are scheduled to and from Vancouver, Calgary, and Toronto airports.
The resort does not provide shuttle service to or from the airport. The following transportation options are available.
- Taxis, Uber, Lyft: 10-25 minute ride depending on traffic, $25-45 USD (one-way)
- Public transportation:
The San Diego Flyer takes you from the airport terminal 1 to the Old Town Transit Center. There, you can connect with the Tram to the Fashion Valley Station. The Station is a short 3-minute walk from the resort.
- Transportation services: La Jolla Star Transportation; San Diego Executive Town Car Service
Passport, Visa, and Border Crossing Information
A valid passport is required to enter the USA. Visit Canadian Passport for more information.Visas are required for citizens of certain countries; please contact your local US Embassy, Consulate or High Commission Office for specific requirements: http://usembassy.state.gov/
Please click here for information on U.S. entry requirements.
Please click here for information on how to apply for a U.S. visa.
Travel & Health Insurance
It is strongly recommended that attendees take out insurance to cover loss incurred in case of cancellation, medical expenses and damage to or loss of personal effects. Medical emergencies in the USA can be expensive; A&W will not be responsible for any medical costs incurred by attendees and their family.
If you take prescription medication, you are responsible for determining their legality in the USA
- Bring sufficient quantities of your medication for your stay in the USA
- Always pack medication in the original container
- Pack them in your carry-on luggage
- Bring a copy of the prescription